TERMS & CONDITIONS
This page (and the documents it refers to) describes the Terms and Conditions on which you may use our website www.twistedlingerie.co.uk (the “Website”), whether as a guest or a registered user (the “Terms”). The Terms are a legally binding contract between you and Twisted Lingerie Limited (“Twisted”, “we”, “us”) which sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use the Website, so please read them carefully before you start to use the Website. By browsing or using the Website, you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website.
The Website is an eCommerce website selling lingerie operated by Twisted Lingerie Limited. We are registered in England and Wales with company number 09962446. Our registered office address is Flat 3, 86 Margery Street, London WC1X 0JL and our email address is email@example.com.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON THE WEBSITE
You may be required to create an account on the Website to use some of the Website’s services, for example, purchasing items. Here are a few rules about creating and using accounts on the Website:
- The information you provide to us must be accurate. You are not permitted to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account and doing so is a breach of the Terms;
- You are solely responsible for any activity on your account. If you are sharing an account with other people, then the person whose billing information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you register as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Terms on behalf of the business;
- As we mentioned above, you are solely responsible for any activity on your account, so it is important to keep your account password and any device from which you access the Website secure. If accessing the Website via a mobile device, we recommend that you do not jailbreak or root the device (this is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device as doing so could make your device vulnerable to malware, viruses or malicious programmes, compromise your device’s security features and may affect the functionality of the Website.
- These Terms do not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchisee relationship between you and us.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE
We allow access to the Website on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, restrict or change the Website at any time and without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or if the content is changed or out of date.
You must treat as confidential any user identification code, password or other security feature in relation to the Website. If, in our opinion, you are not complying with the Terms, we have the right to disable any such code, password or feature at any time.
It is your responsibility that anyone who accesses the Website through your internet connection is aware of these Terms and complies with them.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to use the Website—subject to the Terms and the following restrictions:
- You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Website. This includes any local, national and international laws that may apply to you.
- You are responsible for paying any fees or subscription payments that you owe to us. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases you make through our Website.
- You agree not to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any aspect of the Website or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Website.
- You shall not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing any material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- You must not attack the Website’s services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By failing to comply with this provision, you would commit a criminal offence and your right to use the Website will cease immediately and we will report your actions to the relevant authorities.
CONTENT OF A SEXUAL NATURE
The Website may contain content of a sexual nature that is intended for a mature person. By downloading or viewing the Website you acknowledge that you:
- are familiar with the rules governing the viewing or possession of sexually oriented materials as defined by your local jurisdiction;
- are voluntarily viewing the content on the Website; and
- will exit from the Website and/or delete the Website if you are in anyway offended by the sexual nature of any material displayed on the Website.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
Certain functions of the Website will require an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by a mobile network provider, but we cannot take responsibility for the Website not working at full functionality if you do not have access to an active internet connection. By accessing the Website, you accept responsibility for any charges incurred for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the Website, or other third party charges, including roaming data charges. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you are accessing the Website, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer to use the Website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Save as described elsewhere in the Terms, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the Website for commercial purposes without a licence from us or our licensors. You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website or mobile Website) any aspect of the Website (including content, images, designs, look and feel) without our prior written consent.
The name Twisted Lingerie and other marks, phrases, logos and designs that we use in connection with the Website, are trademarks, service marks or trade dress of Twisted Lingerie registered in the UK. You require our express written permission to use our trademarks, service marks or trade dress.
If, in our opinion, you are in breach of these provisions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must either return or destroy (as required by us) any copies of the materials you have made.
PURCHASING PRODUCTS ON THE WEBSITE
To place an order on the Website, you will be required to:
- create an account or sign into an existing account;
- select a shipping preference;
- apply any applicable discount code;
- accept our Terms and Conditions; and
- make payment for the full amount of your item(s) plus delivery.
Once we have received your payment, you will receive an order confirmation on screen. Please note that any order confirmation is a receipt of order and your order will only be deemed to have been accepted once we have confirmed your order by email.
You purchase products on the Website subject to the following terms:
- Prices of products are correct at the time of entering information, however, we reserve the right to change prices without prior notice (although we will inform you if any such price change affects your order);
- Payment of products will always be in UK pounds sterling (GBP);
- All orders made by you through the Website are subject to acceptance and availability. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason;
- You have the right to cancel your order or request a refund within 14 calendar days of placing your order. For more information on cancelling and refunding your order, please see our Returns Policy below;
- Delivery of any products ordered when using the Website shall be the responsibility of the third party supplier;
- Risk passes from our third party delivery agent to you on delivery of the goods.
If you have made a mistake on your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to amend your order.
STUDENT AND OTHER DISCOUNTS
From time to time, Twisted may offer promotional discounts to individuals or groups of people, for example, students.
The terms of any promotional discount will be clearly stated on the Website, however the following general terms shall apply to any promotional discounts offered by Twisted:
- discounts are not valid in conjunction with any other discount, offer and unless otherwise stated cannot be applied to sale items;
- discounts are for your sole use, are non-transferable and are not valid if passed to third parties;
- to claim your discount you will be asked to enter the promotional code in the ‘Your Basket’ page of the checkout process;
- for student discounts, you will be asked to enter your NUS Extra ID in the Student ID box on the 'Your Basket’ page for a 10% student discount to be applied on all full price purchases.
If for any reason your discount is not being applied, we would be happy to help fix this so get in touch at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or alter any promotion or discount offered at anytime without prior notification to you.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
We currently only ship to the United Kingdom, Europe and United States of America. During the purchase process, you will be asked to select one of the following shipping options:
- UK Standard (2 - 5 working days, free on all orders)
- UK Express (next working day, £4.45, free if you spend £45 or over)
- Europe Standard (3 - 5 working days, £5.45)
- USA Standard (5 - 7 working days, £6.45)
If you live elsewhere and would like to purchase an item, please contact us by email regarding international delivery options: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your order has been accepted, we shall endeavour to dispatch your item(s) the same day (if your order is placed before 1pm GMT Monday to Friday) and for all other accepted orders, within 1 working day, subject to availability of your item(s) and our third party delivery providers.
EXHANGES AND REFUNDS
You have a statutory right to cancel your order and request a refund within 14 days of purchasing an item on our Website. If you have received the item(s) to which the order relates, you will be required to follow the refunds process outlined below.
If you have accepted delivery of an item and wish to exchange or return it within 14 days of acceptance we will process a full refund or exchange of your item(s) provided that the relevant item(s) are returned to us unworn and with label(s) and all packaging intact and in excellent condition, along with a completed returns form (enclosed with your order) to the address provided on the returns form.
We do not accept liability for goods lost in transit, therefore we strongly recommend that you obtain proof of postage when returning items to us.
Please allow 2-5 working days for your package to reach us (longer if outside of the UK) and up to 10 working days upon receipt of your package for your exchange or refund to be issued.
Refunds will be credited back to the card used for payment of your order. A confirmation email will be sent once your refund has been processed, and it may take up to a further 5 working days for your bank to process the payment.
Please list the details of the items you wish to exchange on your returns form. If the item you have requested as an exchange is no longer in stock, we will let you know so that you can choose a new item or accept a refund. Please allow the usual shipping times for exchanges.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control (“Events Outside Our Control”). If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably practicable to notify you; and
- our obligations under the contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
Where the Event Outside Our Control affects delivery of products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
You may cancel a contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control. To cancel please contact us at email@example.com. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Website, any content provided on the Website, any third party services used by us and any products listed on the Website are provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to accuracy, functionality, condition and delivery. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- liability for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your legal right to have goods sent or services provided within a reasonable time or to receive a refund if goods or services ordered cannot be supplied within a reasonable time owing to a cause beyond our reasonable control; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, the content of any websites linked from the Website and any materials posted on the Website (whether by us or a third party), including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law, including death and personal injury.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AND LINKS
Any content made available on the Website (including links to other sites, Websites and resources provided by third parties) are for information only, and we shall not be liable for any use of, or reliance on, such materials. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the Website meets your specific requirements.
You may delete your account with Twisted or stop visiting the Website at any time. Deleting your account will not affect the availability of some of your content (if applicable) and any outstanding payments owed to us will still be payable.
We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Website at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it is important to understand that you do not have a contractual legal right to continue to use the Website. We may refuse access to anyone at any time for any reason.
If you or we terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including any content created by you.
We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any page or feature of the Website at anytime, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to the Website may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through the Website.
The Terms will remain in effect even after your access to the Website is terminated.
We will provide you with certain legal information in writing. By using the Website, you are agreeing that we may provide you information electronically (by email, push notifications etc.) instead of mailing you paper copies, and that your electronic agreement is equal to your signature on paper.
INDEMNIFICATION (OR WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU GET US SUED)
You agree to indemnify us from any legal claim or demand that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of the Website, your breach of the Terms or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
These Terms, including all of the other documents that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and us regarding the Website. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
We may amend the Terms at any time by amending this page or, if we believe the changes are material, we will let you know by i) notifying you via the Website, or ii) sending you an email about the changes. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Website following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Website.
The Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: December 2016